Mobile Pet Hospice Services of London

Mobile Pet Hospice Services of London

Mobile Pet Hospice Services of London Mobile Pet Hospice Services of London



From Ashley in Ingersoll

"I adopted Hannah in September 2011 as a 9-year-old American Bulldog/Boxer mix. I fell in love with her immediately. I could tell right away there was something special about her. She had an awful past, and I wanted to make sure she got to enjoy her last years comfortable and surrounded by love. Little did I know, she would teach me so much about how to appreciate love, life, and enjoy the little things. When I got her, I was single living in Toronto and she was my partner in crime. I brought her everywhere with me and we spent many nights watching movies and going for walks. In the time that I had her, we went from living in an apartment in Toronto, to buying a home in Ingersoll. She was beside me when my husband proposed and when I found out I was pregnant. When my son decided to arrive 2.5 months early, we spent the next 67 days in the NICU. Every night when we got home, Hannah was always waiting. She would lay with me while I cried or got my son’s room ready for when we would finally bring him home.


While we were still in the hospital, Hannah's health started to decline. Sabrina is one of our good friends and I asked if she could come and help with Hannah. We finally got to bring our son home and he was healthy and perfect. Hannah got to meet her little brother; go on walks with us, suntan in the backyard, and cuddle on the couch everyday. Since I was on maternity leave, we were together 24/7. Sabrina always took the time to talk to me about Hannah. She understood our bond and always made me feel like I could ask any questions. Hannah started to get worse; her back legs were not working properly, and she could no longer relieve herself outside. My husband and I would change her diapers and we had her on medications for pain, but she eventually worsened.


Sabrina helped guide us in understanding the signs that Hannah's quality of life was declining. Finally, we decided it was time to send her to Rainbow Bridge. Sabrina came over that night and talked to us about what was going to happen and how Hannah wouldn’t feel any pain. My husband and I made Hannah chicken and steak, we fed it to her and she laid on the couch. After her meal, Sabrina got prepared and I got to lay with her and sing to her as she crossed over. There are no words that can describe how much I appreciated that extra time with Hannah. I never once felt rushed, and I was so grateful that she got to be in the comfort of her own home, surrounded by people who loved her. It was very peaceful. That was one of the hardest days of my life, and I think about and miss Hannah everyday. I am so grateful to know Sabrina, because she really made an awful experience the best it possibly could be, and Hannah got to go in peace."